Products listed here are the responsibility of their respective owners. Simsbury Airport/Simsbury Flying Club makes no representations about the products/services offered for sale below. All questions/offers/comments should be directed to the respective person(s) as listed.
This is a 2007 Zenith 601 XLB light sport aircraft. It is currently based at Simsbury Airport (4B9), and has always been hangared. See below for a complete description. For inquiries, please contact Bill Thomas at 860-693-4550, or email@example.com
- Constructed by Karl Polifka, former CIA pilot in Vietnam/Laos. Purchased by Bill Thomas in 1916.
- All recent annual inspections by Pete Trabold
- All logbooks available plus all construction plans and drawings
- Total time on airframe - 840 hours
- New Jabiru 3300 (version 3) engine - 6 cyl - 120 hp - electronic ignition – 20 hours since installed by Pete Trabold
- New Sensenich fixed (cruise) pitch wood prop (2017)
- Cruise speed - 128-132 mph
- Rate of Climb - typically 1200 fpm with one person on board
- Fuel Consumption - typically 5 gph block to block
Avionics & Equipment
- New Grand Rapids Technologies Sport EX "glass cockpit"
- Moving map, synthetic vision, synthetic approaches, weather, traffic, ADS-B "in". (For details see http://grtavionics.com/home/efis-systems/sport-ex-efis/)
- New Flightbox ADS-B "in" unit for data input to the Sport EX
- New uAvionix Skybeacon ADS-B "out" in left wingtip - meets 2020 rule
- New MGL Avionics ASX-1 backup digital airspeed and altimeter
- Grand Rapids digital Engine Information System - monitors all six cylinders, plus fuel flow, timer, and more.
- Garmin GTX 320A Transponder with Mode C
- Icom AC-200A digital flip/flop communications transceiver
- PS Engineering PM500EX intercom, panel mounted
- Control Vision EXP- BUS electrical load center switches/circuit breakers
- Ray Allen Stick Grips with PTT, hat switch for trim, flap controls
- Ray Allen electric trim for pitch and roll
- Strobes on wingtips
- Digital timer
- New factory-supplied upholstery installed 2017
- Asking price: $41,500